Walden University is currently authorized, licensed, registered, exempt or not subject to approval in all states, except New York*. Some states have required that the following statements be listed below:

*According to the New York State Education Department (NYSED), current New York students may continue Walden enrollment. Due to an interpretation by NYSED of a new NY law, Walden is unable to accept applications from residents of New York at this time while it seeks reconsideration from the state.


Prospective students from Florida may obtain additional information regarding Walden University by contacting the Commission on Independent Education, Florida Department of Education, 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400; 1-888-224-6684. Credits and degrees earned from this college do not automatically qualify the holder to participate in professional licensing examinations to practice certain professions in Florida. Persons interested in practicing a regulated profession in Florida should contact the appropriate state regulatory agency in the field of their interest.


Walden University, in collaboration with Kendall College, has become an approved sub-contractor for providing professional development courses which meet the professional development requirements for Illinois licensure. Beginning July, 2015 Illinois teachers can apply Walden University coursework and credits for programs or courses as it relates to their individualized professional development plan. An official Walden transcript meets the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requirement for documentation of ISBE professional development clock hours.


The institution is approved by the Indiana Board for Proprietary Education at 402 West Washington Street, Room W462, Indianapolis, IN 46204; 1-317-232-1324 or 1-317-232-6716.


Walden University is a registered institution with the Iowa Student Aid Commission. Students may contact the commission with questions or complaints at the following address: Iowa College Student Aid Commission, 430 East Grand Avenue, FL 3, Des Moines, IA 50309-1920, (877) 272-4456 option 4.


Not all of the online programs offered by our institution have been approved in Kentucky.  Please check the Council on Postsecondary Education’s website at http://dataportal.cpe.ky.gov/acadprog.aspx to view its listing of approved programs.  For more information, please contact the Council on Postsecondary Education, 1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601. 

Please be advised that our educator preparation programs are not accredited in Kentucky by the Education Professional Standards Board and are not recognized for initial, additional, or renewal of certification or salary enhancement (rank change) for K-12 educators in Kentucky.  For more information, please visit the Education Professional Standards Board’s website at http://www.epsb.ky.gov/certification/outofstate.asp.


Walden University is a registered institution in the State of Maryland. Any complaints can be directed to the Maryland Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, 200 St. Paul Street Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-528-8662 or 888-743-0823 (toll free).


The following is a disclosure required by Massachusetts: Disclosure to Prospective Massachusetts Students


Walden University is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.


Walden University is authorized by the State of Oregon to offer and confer the academic degrees described herein, following a determination that state academic standards will be satisfied under OAR 583-030. Inquiries concerning the standards or school compliance may be directed to the Office of Degree Authorization, 1500 Valley River Drive, Suite 100, Eugene, OR 97401.

South Carolina

Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education, 1333 Main St., Suite 200, Columbia, SC 29201; 1-803-737-2260. Licensure indicates only that minimum standards have been met; and it is not equal to or synonymous with accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

Walden University’s Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership has been approved by the South Carolina Department of Education to provide coursework that meets the South Carolina Read to Succeed and state in-service guidelines.


While Walden University is not regulated in Texas per Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code, the university is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions. To report concerns and/or complaints students may contact the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at 651-642-0567.

Note to Texas Residents

The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) requires all institutions to have a published grievance procedure that describes the process for filing a complaint. Walden University’s student complaint procedures can be found at the following link: http://catalog.waldenu.edu/content.php?catoid=129&navoid=38484&hl=complaint&returnto=search

Students who have exhausted the institution’s grievance procedures may file a complaint with THECB by completing the forms found at the following link: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=C9BD55D4-C5A3-4BC6-9A0DF17F467F4AE9

The rules governing complaints student complaints in Texas can be found in Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110-1.120: http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&rl=116


Walden University is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Walden University to offer specific degree programs. The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.0. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430.

Man sitting at latop
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Talk to your personal enrollment advisor for more information today. Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.
Talk to your personal enrollment advisor for more information today. Please use our Domestic Form if you live in the U.S.
*Required Field
Academic Interests
Contact Information
Invalid email address
Please provide a valid phone number
Please provide a valid zipcode
Additional Information
Get Started

By submitting this form, I understand and agree that Walden University may contact me via email, text, telephone, and prerecorded message regarding furthering my education and that calls may be generated using automated technology. You may opt out at any time. Please view our privacy policy or contact us for more details.